Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Every 6 months...

So it seems like every 6 months, I remember I have a blog. Well, here is a minor update on everything:
  • Proposed to Liz last weekend. We are really excited about everything coming up in the next few months in terms of planning and celebrating. We hope to have a wedding date situated by Christmas -- I have no idea what she has in her head for a timeframe.
  • Vegas was amazing and I cannot wait to go back. I lost a few bucks, but drank my fair share at the tables, ate some great food, and saw some fantastic sites. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up there around Spring Break season.
  • No word on possible moves or career transitions yet. I am anxious to move on to another challenge and hear if that change involves a change in location. I hope to get into a more focused, time critical role to balance my current experience pertaining to year-long project work and breadth of knowledge. I hope to eventually land a management position to utilize my interpersonal and leadership skills (I am well aware this reads as stilted).
Overall, my life is great and I cannot be happier with where I am and who I have met and associated with along the way. Sometimes, it seems like there are not enough hours in the day, but that is the way I have always situated myself. There are some people who I desperately need to call back / text back / etc. when I get a chance and I hope to do so sometime this week.

Eventually, I will slow down to enjoy the ride; however, I am enjoying it just fine at this pace.

I just set a reminder for me to post in 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to keep my own promise.

No comments: